QLCSS Conference Room Policy
The Queen Lili‘uokalani Center for Student Services (QLCSS) has 3 conference rooms and a lounge available for use by University of Hawai‘i departments for UH-related purposes only. Academic classes are not allowed to use the conference rooms and lounge and must contact the UH Mānoa scheduler for assistance.
To request a reservation, please fill out the Room Reservation Request Form.
QLCSS, Rm 407
Phone: (808) 956-9759
Description of Conference Rooms
|Room Number||Room Capacity||Food/Drink Allowed||Room Equipped With:|
Projector Screen (S), Active Network Jack (N), Wireless Access (W), Phone Line (P)
QLCSS does not provide video projectors, portable projector screens, computer components, network cables, conference phones, extension cords, etc.
|Departments||Reservations allowed up to:|
|1. Student Affairs units||One (1) year in advance|
|2. Non-Student Affairs units within the building||One (1) year in advance|
|3. Other UHM or System departments||60 days in advance|
Please Note: Non-university departments are not eligible to use the rooms and reservations will not be taken.
There is no fee for university departments to use the rooms (subject to change without notice).
Conference rooms are available during hours: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The QLCSS is a participant in the Mānoa Green Days initiative therefore all the conference rooms are closed on the weekends and holidays.
Requesting Use of a Conference Room
- Check room availability online: http://www.studentaffairs.manoa.hawaii.edu/schedule/ .
- Complete/fill out the Room Reservation Request Form.
- Confirmation e-mail will be sent to the requesting e-mail address usually within 48 hours.
- After receipt of an approved confirmation e-mail, double check the online schedule to ensure your reservation has been inputted properly.
Reservations are scheduled in the order received and in accordance with the reservation priority.
A minimum of two (2) business days is required to process reservations. If you are requesting a room within 2 business days, please call 956-9759.
Rules and Policies
- Meeting coordinator is responsible for making all arrangements for the meeting or event.
- Seating/table arrangements may be changed, but the room must be restored to the original configuration at the end of the reserved time. Allow enough time for any setup and cleanup when making reservations.
- Food and drink, except bottled water, is not permitted in all rooms, except QLCSS 412 (lounge).
- Guests may not tape, tack or fasten anything to the walls, ceilings or floor of any of the conference rooms.
- The meeting coordinator must furnish all other equipment than those listed above.
- The meeting coordinator is responsible for security, safety and maintenance of the room and all contents.
- Meeting coordinator understands that their department will be responsible for any loss or damages to the facilities.
Additional QLCSS 412 Rules and Policies
- Refreshments are allowed in the room.
- All trash should be bagged and discarded in the dumpsters outside the back of the building immediately upon completion of the event. Trash bags are NOT provided.
- Please ensure that liquids do not leak from the trash bags.
- The floor should be clean and free of any trash or spills. Brooms and mops are located in the closet. Mop bucket can be filled with water from the faucet located on the lanai.
- People are allowed to walk outside on the lanai, however NO furniture shall be taken out due to the potential damage of the waterproof membrane on the lanai floor.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited unless granted official approval prior to the event. See the Mānoa alcohol policy for more information (http://www.manoa.hawaii.edu/food/alcoholpolicy/index.htm).
Room Keys for Meetings Ending After 4:30 p.m.
The meeting coordinator is responsible for signing out a room key from the respective offices managing their floor's conference room (before 4:00 p.m.).
- Ground floor (room 012) – QLC 001
- 2nd floor (room 208) – QLC 206
- 4th floor (room 411 and 412) – QLC 407
Keys must be returned no later than 10 AM the following business day. Departments will be charged for any lost keys as well as any re-keying charges (if deemed necessary).
QLCSS rooms are utilized heavily and we request that confirmed reservations be canceled 24 hours in advance by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Repeated or unexplained "no-shows" may result in loss of conference room privileges.
Departments that do not comply with the QLCSS conference room policies will lose future conference room privileges.